Leading Flea Control Service Provider in Canberra
With us by your side, you don’t have to look for a professional flea controller in Canberra. Our team is full of certified pest controllers with expertise in treating fleas with different methods. Also, we keep our service up to date. So, you will always get the best and most modern tools and instruments to remove fleas. Also, our flea control services are available for same-day emergency services throughout the year. Therefore, we offer the best flea removal service in Canberra at an affordable price. You can also call us on the given number to customise your required flea control service from our team.
Effective Flea Control Treatment in Canberra at Best Rates
Fleas are blood-sucking parasites that feed on the blood of warm-blooded mammals, humans, animals and birds. Fleas have a range of species but all of them have similar physiology. Are you too getting annoyed by fleas in your house? Not anymore. My Home Pest Control is a leading pest control company in Canberra. We are known for our effective flea control solutions in Canberra.
My Home Pest Control provides special flea treatment to all the pests in the residential, commercial areas, offices, apartments and schools. We use natural pesticide which is completely eco-friendly & safe for pets. Call on @02 6105 9139 to get the same day booking!
DIY Flea Control in Canberra, ACT
The flea infestation can be controlled just by adopting some tips. Since their infestation starts from the pets, so you should treat them first.
- Start with combing the pet’s hairs with a flea brush especially on the neck and the tail area. Dip the brush in a soap solution so that it may not fall on the floor. Talk to a veterinary doctor for their treatment.
- Vacuum the house thoroughly. Clean the carpeted area, inside the closets, under the bed, below the furniture.
- Destroy and discard the pet beddings, if you notice high infestations. If the infestation is light, simply wash the pet beddings with soap solutions. Wash them for at least a month till you notice the infestation is over.
- To remove the outdoor infestation, remove the low-hanging branches and try to expose much of the yard area to sunlight.
- If required, spray some insecticide and growth regulators to control the population.
- You can also take the help of some natural predators outdoors for controlling the flea population, such as nematodes. These consume the flea larvae and prevent the build-up of next-generation fleas without harming you and your pets.
How Do You Know if Your House is Flea-infested?
A flea infestation may seem a bit difficult to identify. But with our professional guidance and keen observation, you can identify flea infestation easily. Here, our Flea Control Canberra experts explain to you some signs of flea infestation in the house.
- Skin allergies and rashes with red spots.
- Fleas hopping on your curtains and draperies.
- Visible fleas on your pet hair and skin.
- Your pet scratches body parts excessively.
- Swelling of skin where the flea has bitten.
Appearance and Life Cycle of Fleas
- Fleas are small creatures without wings. They have a thin and flat body with hairs and are approximately 2.5mm long.
- These are capable of jumping from one place to another.
- Their hairs help them to root them to the hosts.
- They have a high reproduction rate and the life cycle ranges from several weeks to months.
- The life cycle is composed of eggs, larva, pupa and adult stages.
- The eggs fall off from the animal body and can be found anywhere in the house carpets, rugs, upholstery etc.
- Larval stages are found hiding in the cracks or in the pet beddings.
- The adult fleas start searching for the host as soon as they hatch out from the pupa stage and start the life cycle again.
Dangers of Flea Infestations
Fleas infestations in the house can bring dangers in several forms Which are listed below:
a. Fleas do not pretend a health hazard to humans, but they can cause prolonged itching that leads to an infection.
b. Fleas can also intensify respiratory ailments and complications.
c. If your pet has fleas, your pet may suffer from an allergic reaction to the flea’s saliva or your pet can develop anemia from the loss of blood.
Professional Flea Extermination in Canberra, ACT
Next, insecticides are applied to eradicate fleas in all stages of development. My Home Pest Control experts may use one of the following ways to apply the insecticide depending on the infestation:
- Adulticide: these help in killing the adult fleas as well as the larval stage of the fleas
- Growth Regulators: these interrupt the life cycle of the fleas especially since the larval stage is unable to develop into adult ones.
- Sprays: these kill most types of fleas including their eggs on contact. Our experts spray them on pets, furniture, etc.
- Tablets: these give quick and effective results sometimes within 30 minutes. These pills are fed to your pets; the fleas that are biting your pets will start dropping like flies.
- Fogging: a very effective method because even the hard-to-reach places will be cleared of fleas. Generally used when the infestations are very high and none of the methods is working.
- Pet Treatment: Our experts advise you to get your pets treated by a veterinary doctor because the flea removal will not be successful unless the fleas have been directly eliminated from the animal.
- Follow-Up: After the process is completed, our experts will examine the whole area for the complete removal of the flea population. They will advise you to vacuum the floors and the carpets daily for 2-3 weeks in order to help control a possible population resurgence of fleas.
Flea Control Canberra: Our Flea Control Process
The safest and fastest method of treating and controlling the flea population is to hire the flea control services of My Home Pest Control.
Our pest control experts will not only help you in eliminating the flea population but will also advise you on how to prevent them from building up. Go through our treatment process:
Our pest control experts in Canberra start the treatment by making a strict inspection of the house. During the inspection, they identify the species that has infested the house and plan their treatment accordingly. During the process, My Home Pest Control experts question you about having any other pets at home because they may also be one of the hosts for the fleas.
Our professionals advise you about the sanitation process and how important it is for the complete eradication of the flea population from the house. Our experts vacuum the area that is highly infested such as the area around the pet bedding, furniture and the other low-lying areas of the house.
The process helps in the removal of the lingering adult fleas and will cause the flea pupae to emerge from their cocoons thus making them susceptible to flea treatment.
Why Hire Us for Flea Control Canberra Services?
Our trained pest control experts will make sure that you are 100% protected from pests. You will come across the following benefits of hiring us:
- Our experts will keep your house free of the flea population for a longer period of time.
- Our experts are highly skilled, trained, punctual, considerate and knowledgeable and will help in clearing out every query related to the infestation.
- Very easy to be scheduled appointments and it is never a problem getting someone out of another treatment when needed.
- Our services are reliable, quick, safe and satisfying.
So, for a pest-free home, call My Home Pest Control today!
Location: Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
Q- How much does it cost to get rid of fleas professionally?
The flea control services differ depending upon the severity of the flea infestation and location. So, call your local flea controllers and let the experts serve you with the best solution within your budget. We serve with flea control services starting from $179 in Canberra.
Q- How long does a flea infestation take?
Flea infestation is prompt and fast-spreading. So, there is no such time limit to predict the state of flea infestation without any proper experience. However, 5-15 days are enough for them to spread throughout your entire house.
Q- Where do fleas hide in the house?
Fleas can hide behind the carpets, mattress, sofa, curtains and draperies, clothes, and pet hair. Fleas are adaptive enough to adjust in any nature. So, you can find them anywhere in the house.