Effective Flea Control in Melbourne at Best Rates
Fleas are blood sucking parasites that feed on the blood of warm blooded mammals, humans, animals and birds. Fleas have a range of species but all of them have similar physiology. Are you too getting annoyed by fleas in your house?
Not anymore. My Home Pest Control is a leading pest control company. We are known for our effective flea control solutions in Melbourne.
My Home Pest Control provides treatment to all the pets including ants, scorpions, spiders, ants, mice, silverfish, rats and the likes to the residential, commercial areas, offices, apartments and schools. For more information on pest related services, call us or go through our website.
Call us today!
Appearance and Life Cycle of Fleas
- Fleas are small creatures without wings. They have a thin and flat body with hairs and are approximately 2.5mm long.
- These are capable of jumping from one place to other.
- Their hairs help them to root them to the hosts.
- They have a high reproduction rate and the life cycle ranges from several weeks to months.
- They life cycle is composed of eggs, larva, pupa and adult stages.
- The eggs fall off from the animal body and can be found anywhere in the house carpets, rugs, upholstery etc.
- Larval stages are found hiding in the cracks or in the pet beddings.
- The adult fleas start searching for host as soon as they hatch out from the pupa stage and start the life cycle again.
Flea Infestation in Melbourne
- Fleas usually infest your pest.
- Your pets may catch fleas while running around the yard or from other animals during boarding or playing.
- Fleas are generally found in places where your pets sleep and are mostly active.
- Fleas like the places that don’t have any heavy foot traffic in the house and avoid places that are mostly exposed to the sunlight.
- Infestation is not only triggered by fleas. But, sometimes, the eggs fall down the skin of pets on the carpets, rugs, furniture etc. Flea larvae feed on the ‘flea diet’ before turning into pupae. All the stages of fleas are equally responsible for infesting the house.
DIY Flea Control in Melbourne
The flea infestation can be controlled just by adopting some tips. Since their infestation starts from the pets, so you should treat them first.
- Start with combing the pet’s hairs with a flea brush especially on the neck and the tail area. Dip the brush in a soap solution so that they may not fall on the floor. Talk to a veterinary doctor for their treatment.
- Vacuum the house thoroughly. Clean the carpeted area, inside the closets, under the bed, below the furniture.
- Destroy and discard the pet beddings, if you notice high infestations. If the infestation is light, simply wash the pet beddings with soap solutions. Wash them for at-least a month till you notice the infestation is over.
- To remove the outdoor infestation, remove the low hanging branches and try to expose much of the yard area to sunlight.
- If required, spray some insecticide and growth regulators to control the population.
- You can also take the help of some natural predators outdoors for controlling flea population, such as nematodes. These consume the flea larvae and prevent the build-up of next generation fleas without harming you and your pets.
Our Flea Control Process
The safest and the fastest method of treating and controlling the flea population is to hire the flea control services of My Home Pest Control.
Our pest control experts will not only help you in eliminating the flea population but will also advice you on how to prevent them from building up. Go through our treatment process:
Our pest control experts in Melbourne start the treatment by making a strict inspection of the house. During the inspection, they identify the species that has infested the house and plan their treatment accordingly. During the process, My Home Pest Control experts question you about having any other pets at home because they may also be one of the hosts for the fleas.
Our professionals advice you about the sanitation process and how important it is for complete eradication of flea population from the house. Our experts vacuum the area that are highly infested such as the area around the pet bedding, furniture and the other low-lying areas of the house.
The process helps in removal of the lingering adult fleas and will cause the flea pupae to emerge from their cocoons thus making them susceptible to flea treatment.
Next, insecticides are applied to eradicate the fleas in all the stages of development. My Home Pest Control experts may use one of the following ways to apply the insecticide depending on the infestation:
- Adulticide: these help in killing the adult fleas as well as the larval stage of the fleas.
- Growth Regulators: these interrupt the life cycle of the fleas especially the larval stage is unable to develop into the adult ones.
- Sprays: these kill most types of fleas including their eggs on contact. Our experts spray them on pets, furniture etc.
- Tablets: these give quick and effective results sometimes within 30 minutes. These pills are fed to your pets; the fleas that are biting your pets will start dropping like flies.
- Fogging: very effective method because even the hard to reach places will be cleared of fleas. Generally used when the infestations are very high and none of the method is working.
- Pet Treatment
Our experts advise you to get your pets treated by a veterinary doctor, because the flea removal will not be successful unless the fleas have been directly eliminated from the animal.
After the process is completed, our experts will examine the whole area for complete removal of the flea population. They will advise you to vacuum the floors and the carpets daily for 2-3 weeks in-order to help control a possible population resurgence of fleas.
Why Hire Us?
Our trained pest control experts will make sure that you are 100% protected from the pests. You will come across the following benefits on hiring us:
- Our experts will keep your house free of the flea population for a longer period of time.
- Our experts are highly skilled, trained, punctual, considerate and knowledgeable and will help in clearing out every query related to the infestation.
- Our appointments are very easy to be scheduled and it is never a problem getting someone out of another treatment when needed.
- Our services are reliable, quick, safe and satisfying.
So, for a pest free home, call My Home Pest Control today!